Adetunji Adeniran (born 12 December 1989) is a civil engineer, social entrepreneur, writer and good governance advocate based in Nigeria.
He is a Managing Partner at LURVITY (a diversified portfolio with interest in civil engineering, energy projects and business development). He is also the Executive Director of Foundation for Leadership, Good Citizenship and Community Development ( (home of Hopefield Network, YNAG, Under35.ng).
He is alumnus of Obafemi Awolowo University, IFP School and Total Energy Summer School. He has Bachelor of Science in civil engineering, an MBA and currently studying for a research Masters of Science in Energy Studies.
Adetunji grew up in Kuta (a remote town in Osun State) where he had his primary education and later junior secondary education at Government College, Ibadan (GCI). He later attended Oladipo Alayande School of Science, Oyo State to complete senior secondary education. It was at the school of science that he began his writing escapades with the press club. He joined the Press Club as a member and was later appointed President while in his penultimate year making him the first president to serve two terms. He also served the school as Labour Prefect, a member of G7 (acronym for top 7 students of the school) and JETS club.
In a similar trend at the university, he was elected Vice President of the department in his penultimate year. When he showed no interest in becoming the president, the department appointed him as Acting president with responsibility of conducting free and fair election for new executives.
Adetunji began his career as an engineering trainee specializing in civil engineering structures. He later worked with Engineering and Projects department of Total Nigeria Limited and was involved in various onshore and offshore civil works in Rivers State. In his quest for experience and knowledge in managing business ventures, he joined Procter and Gamble Nigeria as a key accounts manager for Edo and Delta states in the South-South of Nigeria. In his role as account manager, he was awarded the best key account manger for four consecutive months in the fiscal for his leadership and outstanding contributions to growing the overall business. He also led the first ever transition of the region to P&G’s first international distributor in Nigeria and won the Vice President award for the employee that delivers best initiative to the company and was promoted in the same year.
As the emerging channels leader, he led the recruitment of P&G’s first e-distributor in IMEA (India, Middle East and Africa) working closely with experts from multi-functional teams across IMEA (Supply Chain, Purchasing, Consumer Research, Sales, Finance and Marketing). We grew online fundamentals on Jumia and Konga from <30% to 65% and e-share grew from <6% to 15% in less than 3 months.
He is currently leading LURVITY.
Social and Community Engagement
Adetunji has been an advocate of community building from childhood. He has volunteering experiences with both government and non-governmental organizations and his articles have been published in both local and international media e.g Berkely Center for Religion, Peace and World Affairs; The ScoopNG, The Guardian, The Cable etc).
He is a volunteer with JumpStart Africa, a non-governmental organization with interest in education and empowerment of children. During his national service, he facilitated scholarships and seminars for 30 pupils of St. Michael Secondary School of Ido Local Government, Oyo State. In 2014, He volunteered with the Federal Road Safety Corpse of Nigeria as President of Road Safety Club in Ido Local Government, Oyo State. His team strengthened the relationships between FRSC and secondary schools in the local government and he was conferred with the Most Outstanding Contributions Award at the expiration of his tenure.
In 2016, He started the idea of annual children’s day celebration in public schools across Osun State and has reached 3,400 pupils in 2 years. His goal is to reach 10,000 pupils in 5 years and leverage donors and partners to offer 10 scholarships to university level.
As co-founder of Tolerance Academy, an initiative of United Nations Alliance of Civilization, he was involved in peace building boot camps at the National Youth Center (a Federal Ministry of Youths and Sports Development incubation center).
He is an analyst on LeadRadio106.3 on Politics and Governance matters. He co-anchors #Politics360, a weekly show that discusses pressing issues in Nigeria.
Adetunji is a regular guest at national and international conferences as participant, faculty or facilitator.
- In 2011, he was among top 5 Nigerian students sponsored to energy conference in Paris. The week-long event is an oil and gas forum where students and young leaders are exposed to production, exploration and marketing of of Oil&Gas and Energy.
- In 2012, He was an invited guest of the Federal Youth Ministry of the Russian Federation to attend International Youth Forum in Seliger, a boot camp for young emerging leaders.
- In 2013, He was sponsored by Lufthansa Airline to the week-long World Business Dialogue in Cologne; the annual conference that brings together today’s leaders with future leaders.
- In 2014, he served as faculty lead for United Nations Alliance of Civilizations project in Nigeria (Tolerance Academy) where more than 200 participants, majorly young people gathered to brainstorm and design initiatives for peaceful coexistence in Nigeria.
- In 2016, he moderated the 3rd edition of Thrive Shuttle Initiative Conference (from campus to corporate world) at Obafemi Awolowo University.
- In 2017, he facilitated 4th edition of Thrive Shuttle Initiative Conference (Reposition) at Osun State University.
- In 2018, he was a founding speaker at the launch of Nigeria Model United Nations conference at Lead City University, Ibadan.
- Delegate, Conference on Renewable Energy Development in Africa; Interplay between Technology, Economics and Law by Center for Petroleum, Energy Economics and Law and African Network for Solar Energy.
- Participant, CNN Debate: How Africa can leverage social media to drive #MeToo Conversation. Social Media Week, Lagos
He is a recipient of several awards
- Total Summer School Grant Award, Total SA
- Student with the best Leadership Skills Award, Department of Civil Engineering, Obafemi Awolowo University.
- Best Graduating Student in Environmental Engineering, Department of Civil Engineering, Obafemi Awolow University.
- Lufthansa Airline Brand Ambassador to World Business Dialogue
- World Bank Certified Essayist and UNESCO/Goi Peace Foundation’s top 25 Global Essayist
- Most Outstanding Contributions Award, Road Safety Club, Nigeria
- Extraordinary Key Account Manager Award, Procter and Gamble Nigeria
- Lead with Courage Award, Procter and Gamble Nigeria
- Capability Manager’s Award, Procter and Gamble Nigeria.
- 2016 Finalist, Junior Chambers top ten outstanding young persons of Nigeria.
- 2018 Finalist, Mandela Washington Fellowship Award
- Certified Essayist, The World Bank 2012 International Essay Competition for Young People
- Mandatory Continuing Professional Education Course, the Nigerian Society of Engineers
- Member, Nigerian Association of Energy Economists